2011-07-28

Good News and Bad News

I've some good news and some bad news....

the good news is:
My new threaded rods to upgrade my Repman arrived.
(And some 15mm aluminum pipes to replace the heavy
steel-pipes in my shoulder-rig.)

The bad news:
My long awaited ABS from china also arrived.
The surface is marred, it's brittle and there
are 0.5mm air bubbles inside the filament.
I have no hope that one can use this for 3d printing at all.
And I got the minimum of 20Kg of this junk.

The company is:


Qingdao TSD Plastic Co.,Ltd.
Add.:No.48, Ruijin Road, Qingdao, China.
Website: www.qdtsd.net
MSN: hongyong_zhang@live.cn
Free Line: (86)400-688-0532
Office Line:(86)532-81936899
Mobile No.:(86)158-54279111



I found a wiki-page about this to compare noted on different companies.

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Is there anybody who had luck with any of the chinese factories?

I have 50kg of filaments from China, also I got from India too, and those were also unusable.

So Im really curious if any of us got luck with China. Because I heard only bad experiences...

Best,
Laszlo
http://blog.arcol.hu

The Editor hat gesagt…

What companies did you try?

The white ABS I have here (20Kg) is from a group-purchase made in Switzerland 2 years ago and it printing fine.

Anonym hat gesagt…

> What companies did you try?

I dont know.

> The white ABS I have here (20Kg)
> is from a group-purchase made in
> Switzerland 2 years ago and it
> printing fine.

I did the same. I ordered with group-purchase, also through Switzerland.
But the cross-section of the filament was horrible.
(but was air-bubble free, and there was no contamination, so
maybe I could print it for some low-res object. I already printed 2kg of it.
But I will never ever buy in larger quantities without trying it first. And never ever from China.)

Best,
Laszlo