I got my OpenBCI from Kickstarter just in time for 31C3.
For the time being, I'll use this blog posting to collect some links and notes until I get things sorted out.
Much of the OpenBCI documentation on the official site and source code repository is still unwritten,
so I need to do a lot of hunting, gathering, guessing and experimenting.
Results so far:
- I see clear signals with lots of SNR for muscle movements and eye movement
- The OpenBCI_GUI app has way too little in the ways of signal analysis.
- I'm having trouble using my Olimex EEG designs in BrainBay with the OpenBCI
- EEGhacker Blog by Chip from the US
- No OpenBCI group on Google+
- Open-BCI.org (different project) on 28C3 and on 31C3 (3 years later)
- OpenBCI github repositories
- I didn't try the OpenBCI input module of BrainHacker yet (Windows only)
- I honestly need to look at the Android software connecting to the OpenBCI via Bluetooth.
- Binary MacOS version is newer then binary in github (has 50Hz option for notch filter)
- bottom pins vs. top pins
Getting a 50Hz notch instead of a 60Hz (TODO)
- Where to store the battery pack? (TODO)
- How to assemble the SpiderClaw (note that V2 is not for the OpenBCI V3)