What do you say. It's a hobby of mine.
Lectures and events have a tendency of ending up as multicam events that need more then 20 or 40 minutes per camera and should have their highest possible quality because they simply can't be repeated.
Now I have completed my setup!
(inserts manic laughter here)
An internal MPEG backup recording is running.
An internal ProRes LT backup recording is running.
It provides FullHD Closeups from the right .
The SDI cable runs to left side.
Wenever something important is obscured from one side, we have 2 different angles to choose from.
- Each recording has a backup.
- I can see what the opposite camera is doing including focus peaking and give instructions
- HDD (Fullhd) and SSD (UHD) drives last forever
- so do the batteries
- audio from 3 locations +lav in case a chair chair squeaks and for a wide applause with no single shouts standing out
- all recordings are in 10bit (or raw) - no banding when I pull the midtones up of down in post or pull up the shadows
- all recordings are in ProRes (or raw) - fine noise floor for NeatVideo to work with and no MPEG artifacts
- Editing off the 3 SATA drives directly with no need to copy anything