2017-06-22

Looking for EF to MFT electronic adaptors

What?

I'm switching from Nikon-F to EF lenses.
Because I own a Panasonic GH5, I'm looking for an electronic adaptor that communicates focal length for the IBIS system (especially while zooming) and focus information.

I'm not looking for a speed booster. I already got myself a Metabones "S" model for that.

Why?

Because and smaller Micro 4/3 Blackmagic cameras have not been updated fro ages and the larger Blackmagic cameras are offered with PL, EF and B4 bajonett but not Nikon-F.

Options?

So far I have not found anything yet.
I'm documenting my findings in this blog posting for others with the same question.


electronics fail
  • I tried the "Commlite CM-EF-MFT " and it does not work at all on GH5 and GH4 (black image) and has no autofocus on the old GH2.
  • The "Andoer EF-MFT" does not transfer focus information.
  • "Kipon AF Adapter" - is reported as "Limited lens compatibility, reports of missing AF, battery drain, and some lenses aperture control is unstable or limited""
mechanical only
  • The "Fotodiox" is mechanical only.
  • The "K&F Concept Canon-EF (EOS)" is mechanical only.

too expensive
  • I trust that the "Metabones EF MFT adapter" (not speed booster) would work but it costs 300+€ 
  • The "Aputure Apt-DEC-EOS-MFT-PRO" even 550+€
  • There is also a 200€ "Viltrox EF-M1 Adapter
  • and a simialr priced Viltrox EF-M2 Adapter up for pre-order 

Keine Kommentare: