2018-02-11

'roast only' on the Bonaverde - Familia Alfaro

Project history

  1. old posting: Coffee with bottled water
  2. current posting
  3. next posting: Bonaverde: testing Henry Hück








This time I tried
Bean Type:  Rojo
Grown by Familia Alfaro
of El Salvador

This is one of the larger bean packs I got from the first coffee delivery  for my Bonaverde Berlin roast+grind+brew coffee machine.



Results I

I used "roast only" in the alpha version of the "Coffee Concierge" Facebook Messenger Chat bot a few days ago. So CO2 could be released.

I used freshly filtered water instead of having a can of filtered water in the cooler as before.
I did not use bottled water this time as it would damage the machine in the long run.
I did NOT use the roasting profile for these beans because for "roast only" I can still only use a generic default-profile.

filter coffee

I made the coffee in the Bonaverde Berlin maching using 600ml of water.
Result: definately sour. I am still at a loss why I always get this sour taste.
The temperature of the coffee doesn't change the taste.
I did NOT experience that in the Bonaverde Coffee Corner in Berlin.
Only when I try to do it myself in Freiburg with the terribly hard water here.
(That's why I use the filter.) 
Don't get me wrong, this is not like a lemon or exceptionally bad. It's just
one distinct taste that overshadows all others that may be there. 

Keine Kommentare: